Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful

Non-working day. It rarely happens during the week, and sleeping in is one of its ingredients. I grab the opportunity to visit my favorite place, dreamland. I'm thankful that it is around. I'm one of the hopefuls who weave a whole new world in it, and infinite possibilities appear right at my finger tips. It is another thing I'm thankful for: my ability to imagine and write all about it. It is how I cherish my dreams, my imaginations.

This part, at least, is not an imagination. It is Thanksgiving Day in America today. A long four-day weekend all about family get-togethers, cultural traditions, scrumptious meals, strengthening relationships and wishful thinkings. I'm thankful to have my life partner to celebrate this day with me. After sleeping in, we are now at Mom-and-Dad's house. The whole house smells good: Turkey Roast!

We await for the big golden brown bird to come out of the oven. While inhaling the addicted aroma, we sit around the living room and watch the broadcasting of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on TV. It is understandable why every singer lipsyncs  their performance. Of course, it is fascinating to see the colorful floats and twirling dancers and performers. However, the more interesting part is the commercial segments showing festive Thanksgiving table spreads. They make my mouth drool over the side dishes.

I know that today is not all about what's served on the table. So, I will end with a list of what I'm thankful for this year:

* Mr. Keen. I love my man.
* My smart, independent Baby Keen.
* My small Keen family.
* My stable job.
* My close friends (in-person, overseas, and online).
* My new blog where I connect with other creative minds.
* And, last but not the least, for days like today when my depression hibernates.

Thank you.

Jas

1 comment:

  1. I haven't watched the Macy's parade in over 25 years. I always enjoyed it, esp. the Rockettes kick line.

    ReplyDelete

What is your point of view? Please think before writing something mean or hateful. It might not be posted. Thanks!